Devon’s World
About
Me:
Hello! This is Devon. I created this
page to document the boring whirlwind that is my life. Well. It’s actually not
exactly boring either. I feel as if something strange is going on and I wanted to
the world to know about this. I can’t quite describe what it is, but I can
discuss certain instances where this thing, presence, etc. has affected me.
Well, anyway, I try to keep things light in this blog-o mine. I just wanted to
find a way to joke about this stuff and reach out to you guys about my weird
situations. This is why I will end my blog posts with a joke of the day.
Disclaimer: This website was run by
Devon a couple months ago. It was deleted but I found a way to bring it back in
order to spread the word about what could’ve happened to him. After a series of
increasingly disturbing posts, Devon went missing. I am keeping the blog intact
but I am including minimal notes to help you understand our friendship a little
more. I hope that you can help me figure out what happened to him.
1st
Post: Introduction
Before
I begin posting some of Devon's original posts, I would like to introduce
myself. I am J. That's obviously not my name, for those who are curious. I do
admit, however, that it does seem weird that I decided to put this site back in
place. Hear me out! I want to figure out how and why my friend disappeared.
I was a close friend of Devon. We used
to hang out quite often. We liked laughing at terrible movies and especially
found solace in the mall. We went to the mall regularly for talk over a meal a
meal or some quick drink from the Jamba Juice. We often found ourselves
criticizing the people walking out with huge bags of stuff. At the time, we
found a sort of solace in thinking that those people were “zombies” of current
trends. Although it has only been a year or so, I think we weren’t simply
criticizing them, we wanted to be them. We wanted to be able to get anything
our hearts desired. In a way, we both longed for an escape from this vicious
cycle of routine and wanting stuff. After one visit to the mall, I grew tired
of his emotional rants against the world. I angrily told him that if he wanted
to express himself, he would have to use a blog. I told him that it was tiring
to hear all this complaining and frustration.
He decided to drop the subject and I forgot that I ever snapped at him.
Much to my surprise, Devon came to me the next day in a relatively cheerful
mood telling me that he made a blog and would like me to edit his stuff. I figured
that if I wasn’t going to help him with his problems, the least I can do is
help him in this way.
That at least solves the mystery of how
I got access to his blog. I will tell you more about us as time goes on but for
now, I must go. I have stuff to do but I will post Devon’s old stuff tomorrow.
I also want to remind you that it’s been a year or so since I’ve gone over
these posts so in a way I am delving along with you. Without further ado,
welcome to Devon’s World!
-J
2nd
post: New to This
Hello all! I have finally decided to
push myself into joining the web! I am enlisting the help of █████ as the
editor of this blog. What I am to do here is to vent a little bit but I’d like
to keep it relatively chill. I want to also post cool stuff that I find around
the web and hopefully help others cope with the mundanity (is this a word?) of
the world. I also want to use this to share any weird dreams that I am having
as I seem to be having a lot of these dreams. In other words, I will hopefully
be busy providing content and stuff to here to distract me from this emptiness
that the world brings to me. Thanks for stopping by!
-Devon
I
just want to point out that I am editing out any mention of my name. I don’t
feel comfortable sharing it out in the open as much as Devon does.
-J
-J
3rd
post: Weird Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
So I just thought it would be
perfect to post this. I know that it’s just a Diane Ross song slowed down and
reedited but I just dig this song so much. It embodies much of what I feel most
of the time. It’s a weird feeling of constant uneasiness and sadness. I’ve
talked to my parents about this on multiple occasions but they keep repeating
the same phrase from this song: “It’s all in your head”. It’s especially
frustrating when your only friend seems to agree with them. I feel as if this
song is warning me of something. Its eerie tone really struck a chord with me.
Well anyway, speaking of dreams, I had a weird one today. I was driving to the
mall with my friend. We were talking about what we were going to buy with some
money we came across. I don’t remember how we got it but we had it. As we
reached the parking lot, I noticed a figure standing in near a tree holding
what looked like a Macy’s shopping bag. As we reached the mall, I noticed him
walking faster and faster holding his bag wide open for me to see it. Inside
the bag, I noticed that there seemed to be an abyss inside the bag. Not like it
was empty, but as if it was dark and desolate in there. I woke up before we
opened the door. Coincidentally, I found a similar plastic bag near my bed.
What an odd coincidence. Well, anyway, I hope I exposed you to some interesting
music and I hope that these weird emotions are just “all in my head”
-Devon
I
just want to point out that coincidentally, I had a similar dream recently. It
was entirely similar except at the point in which we arrived at the mall. When
I reached this point, the man walked calmly towards me as we reached the
entrance. I turned around for some reason and when I turned back, I noticed
that Devon was nowhere to be found. It’s probably just a coincidence.
-J
4th
post: No One Believes Me
So I decided to have a long talk
with my parents about what I think may be signs of of depression but once
again, it’s hopeless. It feels as if I’m in some sort of downward spiral of
terrible things. No one believes this. To make matters worse, I have started
seeing the man in my dreams constantly throughout my day. It’s become a sort of
ritual to see him as I go to bed or just out of the corner of my eye. I’m sure
it’s nothing. It’s probably just that phenomena in horror movies were the kid
turns on the light and realizes that the evil creature is just a shadow. After
I blink or turn off the lights, it’s as if he was never there. If anyone else
deals with this type of thing on a daily basis, feel free to lead me in the
right direction in terms of what it could be. I don’t want to resort to the
paranormal just yet though.
-Devon
One
of the comments from the original website links to a Wikipedia article on
shadow people. It’s a pretty interesting read.
-J
5th
post: A trip to the movies
Has anyone seen It Follows? I just came back from watching it and I really enjoyed
it. I went with █████ and we both loved the film. It had a great tone and I
especially loved the soundtrack’s call back to the 80’s horror that I love. As
I left the theater, I started getting all paranoid about the people around
thinking that one of them had to be “it”. I’m not sure if seeing the film
terrified and made me more paranoid, but after watching it, I noticed that the
guy from my dreams has gotten bolder. He began to appear relatively close by
and I even felt a cold touch on my back, though to be honest this could be
anything really. The stranger part, however, is the fact that I’ve been seeing
more shopping bags laid out on my bed when I wake up. It started small with
that Macy’s bag but it’s been escalating to the point where I’ve been waking up
to five bags a night. The scarier part, however, is that my dreams seem to be
getting worse. For the past couple of days, the same dream that I’ve previously
mentioned keeps resurfacing. Each time it happens, the man has even more bags
which in turn means that he has more endless voids on him. I also always manage
to wake up before he reaches me so I’m grateful for that.
-Devon
6th:
Apology
Two
posts in the same day isn’t going to be a common thing but I thought I would
clarify a little bit. I’ve noticed that I strayed away from my blog’s early
goals which was to express myself in a way that would be helpful to others and
in a lighthearted tone. I know I should change my about page but I really don’t
know what else to put there so for the time being, I’m leaving that there. It’s
become obvious to me that in order for this blog to work as a sort of therapy
to me, I need to talk about the issues that affect me and that’s not possible
if I try to sugar coat things. With that in mind, I feel as if I am not able to
help others if I can’t help myself. My world feels like that shadow man’s bag
(Thanks for the link kind anonymous commenter): empty and void of anything
meaningful. Once again, I want to apologize about the goals that I set in my
first post.
-Devon
I
want to point out that I was responsible for this post. I told Devon that he
should phase out the part of him that was trying to help others live with
whatever he had. He tried to write helpful tips on overcoming these feelings
but he was never able to complete these posts. He was constantly angry about
his inability to help others and it was very detrimental to him mentally. I am
still unsure about whether or not this pushed him away from me as a friend.
-J
7th:
Friend
I just got back from finally telling
my friend about what my problem seems to be. I am utterly convinced that this
could be paranormal after I noticed various things in my room moving around. It
looked like they were thrown around. It looked like this but it was less
intense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGzOrNVI0_8
So,
I told my friend and he told me that it was stupid to assume that something
could come out of my dreams and haunt me. One quote that he used was “That’s
some Freddy Krueger ass shit, dude!”. I guess it was this that ultimately made
me want to stop talking to him. Feeling as if I was betrayed I left the mall
and started walking home. I couldn’t take this. Luckily my house is a 30 minute
walk from the mall but it was still dark out. Surprisingly nothing really scary
happened on the way home. It was when I entered my room that I saw something
unusual. On my bed, were about 50 plastic shopping bags all from various
stores. I just couldn’t handle this. I fell to my knees in the most generic
movie fashion, and I started crying. Everything about my shitty life hit me all
at once. I felt alone and trapped. As I sat there crying, I noticed the man
from my dreams staring at me and walking slowly towards me. I got up and ran to
the living room where my parents were watching their shows. As I looked back at
my open doorway, I noticed that the man was gone. As I calmed down, I entered
my room and noticed that the bags were also gone.
-Devon
8th
post: Conclusion
It was at this point that Devon stopped
talking to me. I was never one to comfort people so I thought this blog would
be more helpful than I would. I never expected the situation to go out of
control. I guess Devon grew tired of me and decided to just shut everyone out altogether.
He even shut his own mother out of his life. She came to me a couple days after
his disappearance hoping to see if I had any clues as to why he would decide to
run off. We haven't talked in a couple
weeks and I didn't have a clue as to where he would run off. I know that this
story sounds pretty farfetched but I have a feeling that whatever this thing
was, it wasn’t human. I only regret that I didn’t help Devon research this
thing more. As I sit here feeling hopeless and void of anything, I notice the
figure of a person standing in my doorway. I can’t run from it, the most I can
do is ignore it. Like Devon. If anything happens, I just hope it isn’t going to
be brutal.
-J
No comments:
Post a Comment